Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Successful story
I’m Ser bahadur Chettri living in Devdaha-7, Buddhanagar, Ghodaha, Rupandehi. I’m 49 years old and I have 3 sons and 2 daughters with 1 wife. I had passed my prime age in India migrant labor manual worker. I back to Nepal and started to agricultural activities in traditional ways.
I started to do vegetable farming dream with lots of earning but I failed to earn because of my zero skill and experience in vegetable farming. I faced lots of problems and could not earn much but got loss.
3 years ago NASSO and Buddhanagar community forest has come to from groups and our villages were agreed to form a group purpose with vegetable rising pocket area. I got vegetable farming training, IPM training, earth worm making training and got seeds support as well as one small irrigation motor. Those support and training were sharpened my skill to conduct vegetable farming and I become a leading farmer in this area. I used to do organic vegetable farming after IPM training; I can make pest and OPM myself. Different communities used to come and visit my farm land to observation and learn. I used to do vegetable farming in 15 kattha land every season. I used to shell yearly 4, 00,000/- Nrs vegetable. By the changes of vegetable farming in my life more than 90 farmers were inspired in my village. Now, more than 100 famers are doing vegetable in my village due to strong monitoring, support and coaching of NASSO.


It is my great pride that this year I won first prize in Tomato sector of Industrial Tourism and Agriculture fare 2070 Push in Butwal, Rupandehi.  It was my happiest time of vegetable farming when my name was announced in the huge mass. I have planned to make my own nursery and plastic tunnel for vegetable farming and provide the vegetable plants to other village.

0 comments:

Post a Comment